Saturday, April 5, 2008

Now this was unexpected

So I'd like to send a huge shout out to Mod Eco Kids (or www.modecokids.com). I do not know this person or site, but a friend sent an email telling me to check it out. And lo and behold, this woman (who appears to be a fellow crafter/Mompreneur type) has a v. cool blog, dedicated to the latest and neatest local crafted products. And whom should she choose to write about, but yours truly, little 'ol Smickoz. So thanks for supporting me, and thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. And to answer the question about getting outside the GTA - I'm working on it! I think part of the struggle of getting out of the area where you live is also creating relationships and understanding the the areas out of town that you are approaching. In the meantime, if you can't get to a Toronto retailer, www.planetkid.ca is still the place to get Smicko'z online. But you'd better hurry if you want the last of some patterns - I am now out of stock in Love Bus -brown, and am close to out of stock of Peace Flowers Cocoa. Also close to sold out are Ink Dot, Good Old' Cherry Stripe, and Froggies.
(whoops, better slip in another THANKS! to modeco kids, and please check out her fantastic products, which I believe can be found at www.sweetbeets.com - she makes hand pressed cards that are STUNNING. And I mean this, as I don't give out the compliments this easily. Her cards are selling for about the same price as your standard Hallmark - except hers are beautiful, whimsical, and honestly if I received one, I'd frame the front of it and display it in my home. Not bad for less than $6.00)
(please note, I have never been in contact with this person/company, was just thrilled to be featured in her blog, and happenned to peruse through her own products and fell in LURVE)

No comments: